In 20 years of practice, I have learned that the art of good lawyering has more to do with listening, than speaking. Listening to our clients needs, coupled with taking the complex and making it simple, is something we pride ourselves on being able to do effectively and decisively. These skills in the lawyering world can be compared to the operating system of an iPhone in the technology world – user-friendly. It is with this principle in mind that I founded Border Solutions Law Group.” – Mark Belanger
Mr. Belanger is a successful and established lawyer in Canada and the United States. Mr. Belanger has been in practice for two decades and has appeared at numerous levels of court in Canada and the United States, including conducting bench trials, jury trials, appeals and arbitrations. In addition to his practice, Mr. Belanger has been published numerous times in areas of law concerning U.S. immigration, civil litigation and has acted as lead counsel in precedent leading cases. In addition to his scholarly work, Mr. Belanger is routinely sought out by national media for his opinions on legal topics that cover his areas of practice.
Outside of work, Mr. Belanger spends his time with his family. As a former varsity athlete, Mr. Belanger keeps his fitness by skiing in the winter and golfing in the summer.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- US Immigration
- TO PAY OR NOT TO PAY? SUBROGATION LIENS ARISING OUT OF A BC MVA
- MAKING CENTS OF IT ALL: Calculating Attorney Fees in U.S. Subrogation Claims; Bartalk
- WHEN A WORK VISA WON’T DO: Helping B-1 business travellers get to the U.S.
- Aquilni Investment Group
- Seattle Mariners Baseball Team
- Quail’s Gate Winery
- Motion Pictures Association of America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Canadian Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) (Formerly WSTLA)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia (TLABC)
- Washington State Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia