Vancouver Corporate Immigration Lawyers
The scale of global business is growing, and so are the immigration needs of corporations and workers alike. At Border Solutions Law Group, we are dedicated to helping our clients through the immigration process, be it through applying for work permits, seeking permanent residency, or more.
We help individuals and businesses of all sizes with corporate immigration needs. Whether you are a business owner looking to establish work visas for multiple employees, or an individual worker in need of immigration support in Canada, our Vancouver corporate immigration lawyers may be able to help.
Contact us today to book your initial consultation, and see how Border Solutions Law Group may be of service to you.
Pathways to Corporate Immigration
There are several ways a person might qualify for corporate immigration to Canada, through programs under Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). When you meet with our Vancouver corporate immigration lawyers, we will ask clarifying questions to better understand your particular needs.
If you are looking for a path to Canadian citizenship, our team of Vancouver corporate immigration lawyers may be able to help you apply for permanent resident status. With knowledge of the requirements to each immigration program, we may be able to offer you key insights into what way may be best for you.
Pathways to permanent residency in Canada include:
- Canadian Experience Class: for applicants with skilled work experience in Canada
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: for applicants with skilled work experience outside of Canada
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: for applicants qualified in a skilled trade
- Family Class Programs: for applicants sponsored by family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Provincial Nominee Programs: for applicants aiming to live and work in a specific province or territory
- And more
Work Permits in Canada
For many workers and employers, a work permit is more than enough to suit one’s corporate immigration needs. There are programs for temporary as well as permanent foreign workers, and opportunities for public service managers to hire eligible newcomers as interns.
Individuals may be eligible for a work permit if they:
- Qualify under NAFTA conditions
- Can prove that they will leave Canada after the expiry of their work permit
- Can prove that they have sufficient funds to support themselves and any dependents during their time in Canada
- Have no criminal record
- Are in reasonably good health (a medical exam may be required)
- Will not pose a threat to public security
- Will not work for an employer listed as ineligible or “non-compliant” by IRCC, or who regularly offers activities not sanctioned by the IRCC
- And more
For detailed information on what documents you may need to prepare for your specific application, contact our Vancouver corporate immigration lawyers today to book a consultation.
Stages of a Work Permit Application
In order to apply for a work permit in Canada, most employers are required to first apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which confirms that a foreign worker is required to fulfill the needs of a given job.
With a positive LMIA, an employer may extend a temporary job offer to a worker, who then applies for a work permit. The most common kind of work permit in Canada is a closed work permit, which restricts a worker to working in a particular position with a particular employer for a limited period of time.
Open work permits allow a worker to work for any employer in Canada, in any position. A worker is not required to have an offer of employment in order to be eligible for a work permit, and this permit does not require an LMIA.
Whether you are an employer or individual worker, our team of Vancouver corporate immigration lawyers would be happy to discuss your particular circumstances, and offer informed insights into what paths may be best suited for you.
Contact Our Vancouver Corporate Immigration Attorneys Today for a Consultation
Whatever your corporate immigration matter, our Vancouver corporate immigration attorneys are well-versed in the nuances of Canadian immigration law. We are happy to address your questions and concerns and offer insights into how we might be of service to you.
From work visa applications to pathways toward citizenship through Canada’s corporate immigration programs, our team is dedicated to helping clients navigate immigration systems with confidence and clarity. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.