TOLL-FREE 604-684-4211

US immigration: Do you or don’t you need a green card?

Sometimes, when residents of Vancouver or other British Columbia cities have to travel across the border into the United States, they are unsure of which documentation would be required. If you are experiencing such a dilemma, you might find comfort in knowing that the Border Solutions law firm can provide support and guidance throughout your dealings with U.S. immigration authorities. Cross-border law is the exclusive focus of our lawyers.

Our lawyers will assess your needs, and although you might think you need a green card, other options that are less time-consuming, costly and complicated might suffice. Obtaining a green card from Canada could take up to 18 months. Our lawyers can save you a lot of time and anguish by explaining the most optimal way in which to accomplish your goal.

During a prescreening consultation, we’ll discuss the purpose for your travel to the U.S. and the length of your planned stay. We will take the urgency of your need to travel into consideration, and determine whether you need an immigrant or a nonimmigrant work visa. If it is a green card you need, we will define the category that will be most suited to your needs.

Our team of lawyers at Border Solutions will explain your options and also the intricacies of U.S. immigration laws. Regardless of whether you plan to work in the United States or visit as a tourist, the complicated laws can double the complexities experienced by British Columbia residents. With more than a decade’s experience in immigration matters, our legal team will deal with your case with the professionalism it deserves.